Top 10 Worst places to live in England 2016

We have been compiling the top 10 worst places to live in England for more than a decade. Thousands of readers have voted for their least salubrious dump in this septic isle.  Offending local councillors, dignitaries and meddlesome ratbags plus ruining the trade of slime ball lying estate agents, makes our day as they do their level best to polish a turd of a town.  There were some upsets this year and a new entry rocketing into the charts, that is sure to cause some outrage in their respective local rags.  So for 2016 we present our definitive Top 10 of the worst god-awful hell holes in England, enjoy!

10. Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough or ‘Boro’ as the locals know it, is a bit like Newcastle but without the style and sophistication, imagine that! Dropping down the charts from last year’s number 2 slot, here’s what our readers have to say:

I have lived on the outskirts of Boro for 29 years and would never dream of living within Boro itself, it really is a s**thole!

• Peter

You might not say that if you were on the receiving end of racist comments…Just saying…

• Peter

Bradford has a lot going for it….the Media Museum, Alahambra Theatre, the Industrial Museum, Saltaire and Salt Mills and the wonderful Bronte country of Haworth, just to mention a few…

• Zaney Marie

I’m Born n Bred Barking n Dagenham girl ….. and although im putting plans afoot to move … i will say Dagenham used to be a lovely place to live, good shops, good amenities and LOTS of green open spaces to get away from the rat race ….. the reason Dagenham and Barking are turning into sh*tholes is Margaret Hodge and the local council! the council leader is a showboating attention whore who has completly trashed the borough …. it’s not the people … it’s the lunatics running the asylum!

• Kerrie

I love Bradford, yes you can buy a cheap takeaway yes the nightclub scene isn’t high on the agenda. But its rich in history and has a very diverse mix of people who all live together in one tiny town…but I love it. And if people spent less time sh*tting on their own cities and wrote about what was good you might get more tourism and therefore build the place up..

• Lucy Johnson

They were much worse. What the f*ck does it matter what order they came in ? No government could ever be worse than them. Ever.

• jordan

gwersyllt, wrexham is full of gangs and thugs i know because i live there

• Horny_goat_weed

London, truly is the worst of all – from property prices, to crime rate.

• Truthsayer

Yeah why don’t you move your butt to Syria or Iraq?

• heavycola

“It’s what they do”

Does ‘they’ this refer to:
    Anyone from Asia?
    Ethnic Indians?
    People with dark skin?

Just out of interest.

• heavycola

“It’s the Asians who are the racists as many of them will not integrate or conform to our laws”

This is a racist statement. You are a racist.

• Zaney Marie

hmmm ….. if you call an Asian racist then you are a racist …. if you call a white person a racist then you are a victim???
      so heavycola all i can see is your bigoted hypocritical comment
      therefore YOU are a bigoted hypocrite!

• Truth_Ugly

The friendly “Cousins” you are talking about are Pakistanis and not from Indian Sub-continent!

• YungG4LYFE

I live in Cornwall it’s truly the worst place to live, it’s incredibly boring, there’s nothing to do, no big cities and definitely no place to raise your children, no way I’m raising mine here!

• Lucy Johnson

Cornwall is lovely compared to most of the U.K.

• Charles Crofts

I brought a house in Coventry around 25 years ago, it was a pleasant area, clean and tidy, 15 years later I was one of 3 white family’s left, surrounded by 3 mosques, a smell of curry, Asian shops with their products reaching 3 foot from the edge of the pavement not to mention the rubbish left on the streets. I feel I was forced to move out and decided on the north of England, the weather may not be as good up here but it beats Coventry by a mile, only problem is its beginning to happen up here, the way things are going I will end up on a boat in the north sea