We have now been compiling our Top 10 worst places to live in England list for the last decade. There is no scientific method to all this, we just go by the volume of comments and local press outrage (because they know it's true). Think we've missed out a town or city? Think we have our Top 10 all wrong? Post your corrections in the comment section for our consideration. If your nomination makes it into the list, we'll inform the local press and kick up a stink. Offending local councillors, dignitaries and meddlesome ratbags plus ruining the trade of slime ball estate agents, makes our day! So for 2015 we present our definitive Top 10 of the worst god-awful hell holes in England, enjoy.

10. Barking & Dagenham

Some say Barking & Dagenham is the rough diamond of the East End, we like to think of it as a flawed gem. Here's what our readers have to say:

"Dagenham has all the charm of a fetid pool of primordial muck. If Chav heaven is in Romford, then Dagenham is the gateway between heaven and hell."

282 Responses to “Top 10 Worst places to live in England 2015”

1. Matt dawson

I was born in Salford and proper salfordians are not scum, shameless was filmed in manchester,not Salford.and we are are the original Red Devils , not the nancy footballers down the road

2. toobe

Why so many chavs? I never saw them when I was young. I’m living next to some now. They never work. They go on benefits as soon as they have learnt to read. Some become druggies. Many of the girls get pregnant and sponge off the state for the rest of their adult lives, bringing yet more chavs into the world. They are selfish people. They have no religion. No politics. No culture. No real self-awareness. No community. But they are very canny – they know how to get maximum buck for doing nothing (or simply for f******g another chav). The highlight of their week is shopping in Primark or maybe getting wasted or a nice benefit grant/cheque – ideally all at the same time. Their children are often very neglected and sometimes abused. I know this because I see it on a daily level. Its really incredibly sad. I don’t know how this happened either over the last 20-30 years.

3. MadCritic

Review of the Top 10 Worst Places to Live In England 2015:
    10. Barking & Dagenham (run by Labour Council & 2 Labour MPs).
    9. Stoke-on-Trent (run by Labour Council & 2 Labour MPs).
    8. Nottingham (run by Labour Council & 3 Labour MPs).
    7. Salford (run by Labour Council & Labour MP Hazel ‘Expense Cheat’ Blears).
    6. Gravesend (run by Conservative Kent Council & 1 Conservative MP).
    5. Hackney (run by Labour Council, Labour Mayor (Jules Pipe) & 2 Labour MPs including Diane ‘Race-Baiting’ Abbott.
    4. Croydon (run by Labour Council (2014-present), 2 Conservative MPs & 1 Labour MP).
    3. Bradford (run by Labour Council, 2 Con MPs, 1 Lab MP & 1 Respect MP).
    2. Middlesborough (run by Labour Council, & 1 Labour MP).
    1. Hull (run by Labour Council & 3 Labour MPs).

4. MadCritic

Recap the Top 10 Worst Places to Live In England 2015:

10. Barking & Dagenham (run by Labour Council & 2 Labour MPs).

9. Stoke-on-Trent (run by Labour Council & 2 Labour MPs).

8. Nottingham (run by Labour Council & 3 Labour MPs).

7. Salford (run by Labour Council & Labour MP Hazel ‘Expense Cheat’ Blears).

6. Gravesend (run by Conservative Kent Council & 1 Conservative MP).

3. Bradford (run by Labour Council, 2 Con MPs, 1 Lab MP & 1 Respect MP).

2. Middlesborough (run by Labour Council, & 1 Labour MP).

1. Hull (run by Labour Council & 3 Labour MPs).

5. aba

I have been to many dumps in my time as a result of following a useless 2nd division football team and can say these are the worst five places I have been to.
    1. Blackpool