Top 10 Worst places to live in #England 2017

We have been compiling the top 10 worst places to live in England for more than a decade. Thousands of readers have voted for their least salubrious dump in this septic isle.  Offending local councillors, dignitaries and meddlesome ratbags plus ruining the trade of slime ball lying estate agents, makes our day as they do their level best to polish a turd of a town.  There were some upsets this year and a new entry rocketing into the charts at number 1, that is sure to cause some outrage in their respective local rags.  So for 2017 we present our definitive Top 10 of the worst god-awful hell holes in England, enjoy!

10. Blackpool

Dropping down from number 4 is the entertainment capital of the North. Once famed for its golden mile, Blackpool now conjures up images of drunken stags and hens, falling over in the street and spewing on themselves, before retiring to a grotty seaside B&B. Here’s what our readers have to say:

You may think it’s a jolly seaside resort with candy floss and donkeys, it’s a scumbucket for the transients who come here to draw benefits in a holiday resort, instead of an inner city.
Go back a few streets from the prom and you will see the deprivation, the ghettos and the scummy pubs that make up the REAL Blackpool.

• Amanda Jayne Chesters

Hi,
    My daughter is thinking of doing an exchange with her university here in Australia and studying at University East Angelia in Norwich, UK starting January 2018. I’ve just been told Norwich is pretty rough, lots of drugs etc, I’m not sure as I left the U.K when I was 14 to emigrate to Australia with my parents, so any info would be appreciated. She’s 19 but will be traveling there alone.

Amanda

• KeepKickingMarxists

Britain has been slowly dying for decades now……the Government have tried their damndest to hide reality from the population but the country is in a lot of trouble. I doubt we’ll ever recover. The END IS NEAR.

• Karl Bonham

the worst places??? Not even close this places are beautiful and secure compared to the city of Valparaiso located in Chile… Valparaiso is sinonimous of decadence

• nahan

gone to ma chocolate house its coolio

• nahan

yo mush

• Dave Jackson

I would of thought Chatham in Medway Kent would be number 1 or at least in top 5

• ProudGravesend

I have lived in many towns and counties in my life and I now live in Gravesend. To state that it is the 7th worst place to live in the UK is an absolute joke! It is an historic town with beautiful landmarks, it is a stone throw away from beautiful woodland areas and has direct access to London and further into Kent. The average cost of a house in Gravesend is £250,000! I don’t know what defines a ‘chav’ other then comedy programmes but I havent ever met anyone in the area who has caused any problems or issues for me. Most people are friendly and there is a sense of community – if people feel like there isn’t one then I feel saddened by this and it’s a sad state of affairs if people think that Gravesend is a terrible place to live. I can’t quite work out how this list was compiled but what. I can work out is that it is NOT the feeling of everyone who lives in Gravesend and I find it totally disrespectful and offensive to list any town on a list like this – in an offensive and joking manner. I for one am proud to call Gravesend my home and if anyone reading this shoddy piece of literature wants to visit the town I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

• Steffan Leach

Thank god Burnley is not on the list!
    (I don’t live in Burnley thankfully I live in a “relatively” posh neighbourhood in a nearby town but I still have to look at all those deprived tatty terraced houses with bits of paint coming off them, and there’s still sooooo many of them, ugh! God I feel sorry for the people who have to live in such filthy homes.)

• Jody Ahlih

I’m sure there are worse looking places out there in the world. Your streets are swept clean and paved. Most of them looked pretty okay from the photo’s.

• terry sulivan

no–they are mostly pakistani muslims

• DOODY

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this list is such bulsh*t…Dover???? hahahaha i go there for hoilday, where the f*ck is leicester, i been most these places before and honestly LC blows these other cities out the water hahahaha

• D Mckeller

How can Croydon not be among this lot with its badly designed roads and trams

• DILLIGAF

For ‘Luton’ read slum of the Middle East, as long as you face east 24/7 that’s ok.
    To my chagrin, I was actually born there and for my 14th birthday I was on a bus leaving it, and it didn’t go fast enough nor far enough.
    I went back once some years ago, to make some deliveries and every house In town that I went to had an asian family living in it, I found that the only people who weren’t Asian lived outside the town. Those (in the town) that I delivered to gave very imperious orders as instructions, whereas those who lived outside the town treated me with open friendliness.
    Secular Fascism is alive and well in Luton, so if you want to find a local ‘jihadi’, just advertise in Luton.

• kim cyra croce 13/7/1976

I myself born in skelmersdale in a council estate ,my area called car field.my beautiful husband born in grovehill Middlesbrough’s whom I met ten magical years ago ,came in to my life ,whilst I lived in the sh ITE hole called Basildon Essex. ,there is hope for us all ,I now live in a beautiful little town in Norfolk and our children are happy.but we both have magical childhood memories of were we grew up. Alas ! We would not want to bring our children up in any three of these places 😉

• lyd

you forgot to add southend to this

• .

you forgot to add southend to this..

• Richard Brodowski

I was last in Bradford in 2010 and could not get out quick enough

• Annephi

FFS, Hull isn’t that bad! And I say that as a visitor, not someone who lives there defending it.

• Donna hair

Dover council shoud be absolutely ashamed of themselves, it’s an utter disgrace, one of the biggest potential towns in Kent, the most picturesque views and a beautiful castle, overshadowing the whole town, such a shame that it has been let down so badly by the people “looking after it”

• Tim

There’s a massive difference between being called a few names once in a while, and living with it day in, day out, job interviews, police harassment etc etc your whole life though isn’t there, and I don’t see how you can be so stupid that you seriously don’t get that?

So it’s hard to read what you’re writing and not question why you feel the need to take this self-pitying attitude like you have to be the centre of the world when other people have it far far worse on a much wider scale, and you clearly know that 100%.