Top 10 Worst places to live in #England 2017

We have been compiling the top 10 worst places to live in England for more than a decade. Thousands of readers have voted for their least salubrious dump in this septic isle.  Offending local councillors, dignitaries and meddlesome ratbags plus ruining the trade of slime ball lying estate agents, makes our day as they do their level best to polish a turd of a town.  There were some upsets this year and a new entry rocketing into the charts at number 1, that is sure to cause some outrage in their respective local rags.  So for 2017 we present our definitive Top 10 of the worst god-awful hell holes in England, enjoy!

10. Blackpool

Dropping down from number 4 is the entertainment capital of the North. Once famed for its golden mile, Blackpool now conjures up images of drunken stags and hens, falling over in the street and spewing on themselves, before retiring to a grotty seaside B&B. Here’s what our readers have to say:

You may think it’s a jolly seaside resort with candy floss and donkeys, it’s a scumbucket for the transients who come here to draw benefits in a holiday resort, instead of an inner city.
Go back a few streets from the prom and you will see the deprivation, the ghettos and the scummy pubs that make up the REAL Blackpool.

• DILLIGAF

For ‘Luton’ read slum of the Middle East, as long as you face east 24/7 that’s ok.
    To my chagrin, I was actually born there and for my 14th birthday I was on a bus leaving it, and it didn’t go fast enough nor far enough.
    I went back once some years ago, to make some deliveries and every house In town that I went to had an asian family living in it, I found that the only people who weren’t Asian lived outside the town. Those (in the town) that I delivered to gave very imperious orders as instructions, whereas those who lived outside the town treated me with open friendliness.
    Secular Fascism is alive and well in Luton, so if you want to find a local ‘jihadi’, just advertise in Luton.

• Donna hair

Dover council shoud be absolutely ashamed of themselves, it’s an utter disgrace, one of the biggest potential towns in Kent, the most picturesque views and a beautiful castle, overshadowing the whole town, such a shame that it has been let down so badly by the people “looking after it”

• Tim

There’s a massive difference between being called a few names once in a while, and living with it day in, day out, job interviews, police harassment etc etc your whole life though isn’t there, and I don’t see how you can be so stupid that you seriously don’t get that?

So it’s hard to read what you’re writing and not question why you feel the need to take this self-pitying attitude like you have to be the centre of the world when other people have it far far worse on a much wider scale, and you clearly know that 100%.

• Bill

No they are not all neighbourly like those. Some are far worse. Good job they where moderate Muslims.

• Peter

You might not say that if you were on the receiving end of racist comments…Just saying…

• Peter

Bradford has a lot going for it….the Media Museum, Alahambra Theatre, the Industrial Museum, Saltaire and Salt Mills and the wonderful Bronte country of Haworth, just to mention a few…

• Zaney Marie

I’m Born n Bred Barking n Dagenham girl ….. and although im putting plans afoot to move … i will say Dagenham used to be a lovely place to live, good shops, good amenities and LOTS of green open spaces to get away from the rat race ….. the reason Dagenham and Barking are turning into sh*tholes is Margaret Hodge and the local council! the council leader is a showboating attention whore who has completly trashed the borough …. it’s not the people … it’s the lunatics running the asylum!

• Kerrie

I love Bradford, yes you can buy a cheap takeaway yes the nightclub scene isn’t high on the agenda. But its rich in history and has a very diverse mix of people who all live together in one tiny town…but I love it. And if people spent less time sh*tting on their own cities and wrote about what was good you might get more tourism and therefore build the place up..

• Lucy Johnson

They were much worse. What the f*ck does it matter what order they came in ? No government could ever be worse than them. Ever.

• jordan

gwersyllt, wrexham is full of gangs and thugs i know because i live there

• Horny_goat_weed

London, truly is the worst of all – from property prices, to crime rate.

• Truthsayer

Yeah why don’t you move your butt to Syria or Iraq?

• heavycola

“It’s what they do”

Does ‘they’ this refer to:
    Anyone from Asia?
    Ethnic Indians?
    People with dark skin?

Just out of interest.

• heavycola

“It’s the Asians who are the racists as many of them will not integrate or conform to our laws”

This is a racist statement. You are a racist.

• Zaney Marie

hmmm ….. if you call an Asian racist then you are a racist …. if you call a white person a racist then you are a victim???
      so heavycola all i can see is your bigoted hypocritical comment
      therefore YOU are a bigoted hypocrite!

• Bill

You are a lefty i presume ?

• Truth_Ugly

The friendly “Cousins” you are talking about are Pakistanis and not from Indian Sub-continent!

• YungG4LYFE

I live in Cornwall it’s truly the worst place to live, it’s incredibly boring, there’s nothing to do, no big cities and definitely no place to raise your children, no way I’m raising mine here!

• Lucy Johnson

Cornwall is lovely compared to most of the U.K.

• Charles Crofts

I brought a house in Coventry around 25 years ago, it was a pleasant area, clean and tidy, 15 years later I was one of 3 white family’s left, surrounded by 3 mosques, a smell of curry, Asian shops with their products reaching 3 foot from the edge of the pavement not to mention the rubbish left on the streets. I feel I was forced to move out and decided on the north of England, the weather may not be as good up here but it beats Coventry by a mile, only problem is its beginning to happen up here, the way things are going I will end up on a boat in the north sea