Top 10 Worst places to live in #England 2020

An unbelievable 80,172 visitors voted for their worst place to live in England 2020.

Half of last year’s towns failed to get in the top 10, making way for some new dirt holes. Previous winners and favourites like Dover, Blackpool (despite being England’s most deprived town) and even Hull, just didn’t make the cut. So has your town made it into the Hall of Shame?

10. Halifax

Our first new entry and making its Top10 debut, straight in at No.10 from the ‘Cleckhuddersfax’ golden triangle of Yorkshire grimness is Halifax. The only reason you’ve probably heard of it is because of the Building Society that bares its name. If that wasn’t bad enough, its only other claim to fame is Ed Sheeran was born there. Here’s what our less-than-impressed contributors had to say:

I soon realised that I would need an interpreter in Halifax as the locals spoke only in grunts and squints
It came as quite a shock when the locals began inspecting and touching our clothing. I think it was the first time they had seen anyone without tracksuit bottoms and food stained hooded tops.
Nothing in the world can prepare you for Halifax. My girlfriend who comes from Bristol is often gobsmacked… and she only sees it on a weekend when the yokels are dressed up!
The lovely ladies are not chatted up in this town, they totter out of the nightclubs legless and sh*g in an alleyway. A truly awful town.