Proud To Be From Keighley? Nah.

Living in Keighley, Bradford
Living in Keighley, Bradford

Proud To Be From Keighley? Nah.

North EastYorkshirePic Via

First of all, I’m not surprised that when I search “Keighley” on here, all that pops up is how terrible it is. It’s a shame I have to live here. On my walk home from school, I normally see discarded couches or the average dog poo. The council are too lazy to realise they need to react to the dirty furniture you find while walking. It’s really disgusting.

Don’t even get me started on Oakbank, the school that cares for your happiness and ensures you succeed. On my walk home I have to avoid all the chavy idiots who like to shout rude ‘insults’ or just make awful noises.. (Once they pushed an old lady, also it’s quite a common thing to see them making duck noises in town).

Ugh, town. It’s a nightmare getting the bracken bank bus straight after school heading into town. Honestly, it’s the loudest bus I’ve ever been on. The students scream, shout across the bus, press the bell several times and more. The teachers in the school are [allegedly] only there for their small pay cheque. Honestly, avoid going into town at about 3:00. I’m warning you, all the ***** like to pick on you and be… *****.

I was walking through town once (Bare in mind, I’m quite young) and a group of boys, aged about 20, were walking through town and said disgusting things to me. AVOID. THIS. TOWN.

Top 10 worst places to live in England 2020

1. Colne: Welcome back to the medieval era!

Colne: Welcome back to the medieval era!

2. A good number of men living in Burnley have had it with their sister

A good number of men living in Burnley have had it with their sister

3. Keighley:  the most depressing and dull place I’ve ever encountered

Keighley: the most depressing and dull place I’ve ever encountered

4. Huddersfield, not such a ‘brilliant’ place to live!

Huddersfield, not such a ‘brilliant’ place to live!

5. Keighley: a portrait of a town at its very worst

Keighley: a portrait of a town at its very worst

6. Harrogate – Brilliant if you like floral displays on traffic islands

Harrogate – Brilliant if you like floral displays on traffic islands

7. Bingley – what’s going on?

Bingley – what’s going on?

8. Bradford is the stinking ar*e crack of Europe

Bradford is the stinking ar*e crack of Europe

9. Keighley: one of the most backward towns, I have ever encountered

Keighley: one of the most backward towns, I have ever encountered