Posted by Anonymous & filed under United Kingdom.

Leigh Park, Hampshire
Once the largest council estate in Europe, Leigh Park has a long tradition of chavness and could well be the origin of all Chavs apon this Earth. (were there any evidence that anyone’s moved out since 1959)

From the youngest creole-wearing babies collecting fag ends outside the chippie to the wrinkled hags in leggings pushing Netto trolleys home, Chav is and always has been at the heart of Leigh park.
On the outskirts of Ports-muff this top Chavtown offers the discerning Kev everything they might wish for.

For the teen-townie who hasn’t yet got their own council flat, theres plenty of chip shops, offies and newagents to hang round outside, though favourite spots include Point 7 and Park Parade, the towns main shopping precinct. This is the ideal place for shouting at old ladies, asking grown ups to buy you White Lightening and meeting and mating with other Parkies. Here you’ll find the main shops every chav needs to visit on the way home from the dole queue. For some everyday shoplifting and the latest Now album theres Woolworths and there’s New Look, Peacocks and Bewise for the less-brand conscious scum (the rest get their rip off Tommy Hilfiger from the market or a bloke down the Wheatsheaf) Plus theres Iceland, Kwiksave and Netto a short shopping-trolley-push home. For better shoplifting and Argos Jewellery Pompey is only a short bus ride away, where parkies can mix with Chavs from as far as Waterlooville, Paulsgrove and Gosport by the fountain outside the Cascades Centre.

For those over 15s not hanging around outside Alldays with their younger siblings & mothers of their children may I recommend excellent drinking holes such as the aforementioned Wheatsheaf, the Swallow, the Greyhound, and the Warren (bricked up windows- quality!) Though it is not unusual to stroll along Middle Park Way with a can of Stella. At Weekends the chavs get in their Ford Escorts and go down town again (Portsmouth) and usually end the night drinking in Guildhall walk with a dance at Flares or Route 66 and a shag round the back of Wetherspoons.

As every Parkie has at least one child by their 20th birthday Leigh Park is a very family orientated community. Everyone is related in some way and little Bianca will always have a half-sister somewhere on the estate to play with. This may be a barrier to outsider Chavs wishing to get a council exchange here, but enough sportswear should assure any potential parker-partners their distinct gene pool is safe from dilution.

Also Recommended in the Hampshire…
Lots of parts of Southampton, though most true chavs visit Shirley high street at least once a day from the surrounding Shirley, Millbrook and Lordshill.
Lots of parts of Portsmouth- everyone saw the pride of Pompey, Paulsgrove on the news with their paedophile riots, but what about Somerstown, Buckland and Stamshaw?
These are relative pockets of Chavscum in relation to Leigh Park and their proximity is evidence of how the menace could have spread out from Leigh Park like man out of africa.

• I lived in Leigh Park

Leigh park is brilliant I’m only 12 and I lived there but I moved and every time I go down to see my family I have a brilliant time.

• KevinPrice

I was born in Leigh Park lived in Hazel Holt Drive , best years of my life and an excellent grounding. When I left I went to London started 2 companies and now have a campsite in Italy. Leigh Park taught me how to be an explorer and people skills probably not possible to get from anywhere else. I am proud to be a parky and always will be.

• http://ash.dardenplannedgiving.org/ ash outlet store

ash wedges

• leigh park born and bred

Judgemental. Clearly lived in leigh park and by the sounds of it got dumped by a girl and is now very bitter. Im from leigh park! Smack bang in the middle actually. Im 24 with a degree, no kids brand new car and a mortgage. Must of got that whilst being on benefits and the white lightning got me through uni to be honest. Ha ha ha never heard so much rubbish. Its not where you from its who you are in side. Lets face it your clearly just a bitter twat who has nothing better to do with his time. Peace out.

• mrs dot dickinson

I lived at leigh park for a few years and I found it a very friendly place .I moved to wales 6 years ago,although it is nice I cant wait to get back.dont know if I can afford it though.but I am going to try.i must admit park parade leaves a lot to be desired,but places do get a makeover sometimes ,perhaps that is still to come,something to look forward to?i am 81 andnot very good on the computer but ithink that some things said are very unfair.dot dickinson

• jamie roberts

no dot….its not the place thats doomed…..its all the lowlife vermin that plaque the streets,,,they stink..have no teeth.. and no self worth..esp those skanks that feel a win at crown bingo is going to change there life….instead off buying a book why dont they just buy some shampoo………no excuse for it…dont get me started on dentistry hahaha

• Leigh Park’s not that bad

Hello, I have just come across this article and noticed some major mistakes.
    “apon” really?
    “chavness”- is this even a word?
    On the entire Earth? Are you sure?

If you are going to criticise something, at least understand what you are talking about. I have lived in Leigh Park my entire life, and only occasionally have I encountered the things that you are talking about, but everywhere has the odd person who will act like that, you would be stupid to think that the world doesn’t have those people. I am also aged 21, and haven’t even thought about having children, so that is that out the window. Yes Leigh Park is a family orientated community, but surely that’s a good thing, we are such a close knit community, and because of the minority, we are being labelled.

• Ryan

We lived for a couple of years in High Lawn Way around 1954/5 when the houses were still being built and Park Parade was new……….I remember as a kid going to the Co-op store there – I was around 7 yrs old. Remember also St Dunstans Church. Went to Trosnant School and vividly remember that was very new and recall having class photo taken for the Evening News. We emigrated to Canada in 1957……….I went to have a look at Leigh Park about 4 years ago…………..God what a dump it has become !!

• Angela

I lived in Leigh Park in the late 1950’s and went to Trosnant School. We emigrated in 1964. But as a kid it was a great place to live. We played outside and rode bikes. Shocked to see how awful it is niw.

• jamie roberts

closed knit community…….hahahaha… yeah its called imbreads hahaha

• C Fletcher

I was born and brought up in Leigh Park till I was 5, sadly though myself, my brothers and our mother had to move away after her marriage ended to my father, whom I never sa again or his family. I still remain proud of my roots though, my best childhood memories were from there, I loved my school Middle park way which isn’t no longer there. People need to stop being so quick to judge as you pretty much described every part of the uK.

• Lizzie Cornish

HI there, Mike, can you tell me, during your time at Leigh Park, did you ever

• Lizzie Cornish

HI there, George, can you tell me, during your time at Leigh Park, did you ever

• Lizzie Cornish

HI there, Kathy, can you tell me, during your time at Leigh Park, did you ever