Macclesfield: for a lass born and bred in Stockport, this place is odd

Living in Macclesfield, Cheshire
Living in Macclesfield, Cheshire

Macclesfield: for a lass born and bred in Stockport, this place is odd

CheshireNorth WestPic Via

Before I **** Macc (as it’s known to the locals) let me add the plus points. Beautiful countryside, good enough shops, mostly (daytime) friendly people.

But then nighttime appears and Macclesfield turns into a town from the twilight zone. As a lass born and bred in Stockport (yeah, yeah I know, blame my parents) this place is odd. I have worked with the yoofs of Macclesfield and am therefore allowed to comment. Majority of the kids are good, bit fucked up, but all in all there is hope.

I think the closure of Parkside loony bin (no offence to loonies) contributed big time. I remember driving all the way to Macclesfield from Stockport just to ogle said lunatic asylum. Those were the days.

They are wannabe *****, but doing a **** job of it. They have the obligatory Manc accent, rough council estates (yeah, whatever) and poverty. Unless you happen to have a good social worker. Have a glance at how estate agents sell Macclesfield and how they lie. Part of the job I guess.

Back to the loonies, lost the thread for a mo.

They have been released back into the community, oh bugger! And drugs were added. And then they bred! Oh ****.

Maybe it’s time I moved further afield.

But the bit I love best about Macclesfield is that we are so close to all the A-list footballers, Wayne Rooney etc. And they haven’t a clue about what’s just up the road from their safe little havens.

Can Macclesfield please be added to iLiveHere, we do have a Sport Direct and an Argos. Ok it’s not as hardcore as Hanley but Saturday nights in Macc are great fun, and we also have a bus station. Not that I as a mature woman have tried my luck. Taxis work much better for me x

Top 10 worst places to live in England 2020

1. Congleton: what a place, what a disgrace!

Congleton: what a place, what a disgrace!

2. Glossop – I escaped this place as soon as possible

Glossop – I escaped this place as soon as possible

3. Smacklesfield… I mean Macclesfield

Smacklesfield… I mean Macclesfield

4. Culcheth is a hole roughly equidistant between Liverpool and Manchester

Culcheth is a hole roughly equidistant between Liverpool and Manchester

5. Ellesmere Port is a toilet

Ellesmere Port is a toilet

6. Kazakhstan to Crewe – no thank you!

Kazakhstan to Crewe – no thank you!

7. Nantwich: home of the yummy mummy & a sea of middle class insolence

Nantwich: home of the yummy mummy & a sea of middle class insolence

8. Handforth, its got its good parts and its bad parts

Handforth, its got its good parts and its bad parts

9. Winsford, once a nice, peaceful and prosperous town

Winsford, once a nice, peaceful and prosperous town