Written by Anonymous Visitor and posted in Statistics

If you are thinking of moving to Milverton or just want to know a what the area is like, the statistics on this page should give you a good introduction. They cover a range of socio-economic factors so you can compare Milverton to figures for Somerset and nationally. These statistics can tell you if Milverton is an economically deprived area and how hard it might be to get a job.

Milverton Property Ownership & Rental Statistics

TenureTaunton DeaneSomersetEngland
Owned34.8%37.8%30.6%
Mortgage32.1%31.8%32.8%
Shared0.5%0.7%0.8%
Social Rented (Council)11.6%5.9%9.4%
Social Rented (Housing Assoc)4%7.6%8.3%
Private Rented13.9%13%15.4%
Other1.5%1.7%1.4%
Rent Free1.5%1.6%1.3%

Milverton General Health Statistics

The respondents of the 2011 Census were asked to rate their health. These are the results for Milverton. The percentage of residents in Milverton rating their health as 'very good' is less than the national average.

HealthTaunton DeaneSomersetEngland
Very Good47.14%45.57%47.17%
Good34.50%35.30%34.22%
Fair13.48%14.04%13.12%
Bad3.83%4.01%4.25%
Very Bad1.04%1.08%1.25%

Milverton Social Grade & Occcupation Statistics

Social grade is a classification based on occupation and it enables a household and all its members to be classified according to the job of the main income earner.

GradeTaunton DeaneSomersetEngland
AB22.13%21.00%22.96%
C131.14%28.09%30.92%
C222.90%25.85%20.64%
DE23.83%25.05%25.49%

Milverton Benefits & Unemployment Statistics

These figures on the claiming of benefits in Milverton come from the Department for Work & Pensions and are dated . They can often be a good indicator of the prosperity of the town and possible indicator of how hard it would be to get employment in the area. The rate of claiming any benefit (which includes in work benefits) is more than 10% lower in Milverton than the national average, suggesting higher salaries than the average in the area.

BenefitTaunton DeaneSomersetEngland
Jobseekers Allowance (only)2.1%1.9%3.3%
Incapacity Benefits (IB or ESA)2.2%2.2%2.4%
Any Benefit (includes in work benefits)11.3%11.5%13.5%

Milverton Education Statistics

These statistics are for the highest level education obtained by the residents of Milverton and are from the UK Census of 2011. Milverton has a lower level of residents with either no qualifications or qualifications equal to 1 or more GCSE at grade D or below, than the national average. Milverton also has a high level of residents with a higher education qualification (level 4) than the national average, suggesting that the residents of Milverton are better educated than the average England citizen.

QualificationTaunton DeaneSomersetEngland
No Qualifications20.5%22.4%22.5%
Level 113%13.7%13.3%
Level 217.9%17.2%15.2%
Apprenticeship3.7%4.5%3.6%
Level 312.3%12.1%12.4%
Level 428.1%25.6%27.4%
Other4.6%4.5%5.7%

Milverton Age Distribution Statistics

The population of Milverton as a whole, is older than the national average. However, the population of Milverton is younger than the Somerset average.

AgeTaunton DeaneSomersetEngland
Age 0 to 45.7%5.4%6.3%
Age 5 to 95.3%5.2%5.6%
Age 10 to145.8%5.9%5.8%
Age 15 to 174.2%4%3.7%
Age 18 to 248%7.5%9.4%
Age 25 to 295.5%5%6.9%
Age 30 to 4418.4%17.5%20.6%
Age 45 to 5920.4%20.9%19.4%
Age 60 to 646.8%7.4%6%
Age 65 to 749.8%10.8%8.6%
Age 75 to 846.9%7.1%5.5%
Age 85 and over3.3%3.1%2.3%
Mean Age41.842.739.3
Median Age434439

Milverton Immigration Statistics

These figures for Country of Birth for the residents of Milverton are from the UK Census of 2011. Since Milverton has a higher level of residents born in the UK than the national average and a lower rate of residents either born in other EU countries or outside the EU, it does not have a significant immigrant population.

CountryTaunton DeaneSomersetEngland
United Kingdom92.9%94%86.2%
Rebublic of Ireland0.4%0.4%0.7%
Other EU Countries3%2.7%3.7%
Outside the EU3.7%2.9%9.4%



Sources: Office for National Statistics & Department for Work & Pensions.

Do you live in Milverton? Let us know what you think in the comments below.

  • Out of milverton only 5% of it is bad. The other 95% is family friendly. I often take my kids down to the park there. I would say the nicest and most friendly part of it is Creedwell Orchard. There is a lovely family who live at number 44 who are very nice. The worst part of it is probably ,minus my nan’s house, Courtfields. So there!!