It’s been a long time since we’ve done a Christmas lights competition. In these times of austerity, there seems to be fewer over-the-top displays. However, there is a hardcore not only keeping the national grid under pressure over the festive period, but taking advantage of the latest technology to create truly ‘holy f*cking sh*tballs!’ retina frying displays. If you have one near you, film it, upload it and send us the URL and you could win £10!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Massive scale light pollution
- A flagrant total disregard for energy conservation
- Displays incorporating LCD/Plasma screens
- Projections, internal or external, especially the Santa burgling the house ones!
- Animated/Moving elements
- Inflatables, the bigger the better
Just to get the ball rolling, Here’s a some displays in a village in East Sussex.
ENTRY FORM (read the rules first):
- It has to be your video or you hold the copyright!
- The display must be in the UK
- It has to be publicly viewable
- It has to be able to be embedded in a web page
- It has to have been filmed on or after December 1st 2016
- Use a video camera with a optical zoom, not a mobile phone
- Use a tripod to stop ‘shakeycam’.
- Don’t film the home owner!
- Don’t trespass on private property (we have to say this in case someone says we’re inciting you to break the law or some such nonsense
24th December 2016 at midnight.
We will pick and announce the winner on 29th December 2016. We can send you two five pounds notes in the post or wire it to your Paypal account. If you opt for the cash, please send us a pic of you with your swag!