Written by Anonymous Visitor and posted in Uncategorised

Reading articles about “new snobbery” in the broadsheets over the last few weeks,  has left me profoundly pissed off.  Apparently all chav haters, are daily mail reading excolonels, or aristocrats.  Whats even more offensive is the view that  all working class people are chavs, and need to be protected, from their beastly betters, being rude to them.

Well I’m working class, and not a chav, infact I loath them.  Look on your streets in the evening, and see how many people there are returning from work, who aren’t in sports gear, and low grade argos jewlery.  These people are the working class, and are not chavs.  Surprise, surprise, we benerally read, care about what happens in the world, quite a few of us goto university.

The question really is, what is a chav ?  A while ago the gouvernment leaked the official term, NEET (not in employment, education, or training).  That is a person who despite being of an age, and most likely a level of fitness to be working, or at least learning how to work, chooses not to. Being a chav is all about not trying, and not caring.  I was working late one weekday, and happened to chance upon the open sewer that is the Jeremy Kyle show.  One low browed neanderthal being interviewed, when asked what he did for a living, said he recieved a fourtnightly giro.  Nobody seemed bothered that this living, grunting, turd considered draining off the state a job.

It’s the same with ASBOs, the anguished, middleclass left hate them.  Statistically the poor misfortunates, who live on the same streets, with the impoverished, underclass mob, love them.

We need to retake working class pride, and demand the right to chase these worthless burberry clad apes, off our streets.  Let them live in West Hampstead, or Hebdon Bridge, amongst the chattering classes who seem to love them so much.

• gwyddion

I totally agree, I’m more angered by the Guardian lumping all working class people with chavs. I come from a working class family, grew up in a council house and yet still managed to get two Masters degrees and travel the world. Although we are still in a country with the most Phds stacking shelves in the world. Yes there are jobs out there if you like manual labour. Anyone with a brain needs to move abroad quickly to a country that will appreciate their skills before the government succeeds with its plan of shutting down borders. It works both ways. Is it to keep terrorists and migrants out? Or us in?

• MrB16

This is an articulate and erudite outburst – you should write a book!

• S41N7

Great comments, I too am working class and have become a professional.  I am now buying a property outside of falcon lodge in sutton coldfield.  The working class vs chav is a good and valid argument.  Your comments aliviate some of my concearns.

However, I am black and am aware that many view blacks as chavs by default.  This is simply not the case.

• Jules_UK

I was enjoying your article, nodding in a mixture of agreement and amusement  until you mentioned the town where I was brought up for 18 year so I have now gone all defensive. At least I think it was my home town as Hebdon Bridge doesn’t exist, but Hebden Bridge does. HB is populated by a mixture of hippies who probably think the chav scum just need a good hug, daily mail reading yuppies who moved there as they can still commute to Manchester and Leeds and look down their nose at everybody, but also still has a good number of the hard working decent working class folk you mention – the kind of people I remember from school who will never be the director of ICI, may get in the odd pub scrap and will never be able to afford a new car, but will get up each day to go to work, have paid for everything they own, don’t dress like clowns and don’t p!ss their neighbours off with their endless anti social activities. Remember, just because a town is nice, it doesn’t mean it’s snobby and the last thing it wants is a horde of chav scum turning it into a wasteland. I have to admit though, West Hampstead does sound snobby.