Top 10 Worst places to live in #England 2020

5. Rotherham

Clawing one place up the roll call of grim to this year’s No.5 is everyones favourite t*rd in the punch bowl of South Yorkshire, Rotherham. Famed for being the home of the Chuckle Brothers and ‘Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers’ (remember them kids? no? you’re lucky!), our contributors did not hold back:

I was born and bred in Rotherham. I spent the first 25 years of my life there and, though I remember it being a decent place as a nipper, nowadays it truly is an un-flushed toilet of a town.
I highly recommend a visit to anyone lucky enough to be passing by on the M1, junction 33. Just 10 minutes there will leave you feeling much better about your own sh*tty city.
Regional attractions include mullets! You thought they came and went in the 80’s? Not in Rotherham they didn’t.
I stopped going into the town centre. There was no point. I like a pint without violence. I like to sometimes buy stuff that costs £1.99 – or more!
After a year of reading headlines in the Rotherham Advertiser like ‘Chip Pan Fire Guts House’, ‘Body found outside Takeaway’ and ‘Asbo Grandad at it again’ I decided I somehow didn’t fit in and moved away.