Living in Kettering, Northamptonshire
Written by Anonymous Visitor and posted in East Midlands, Northamptonshire

Well, where should I start? Kettering is absolutely dreadful and I have had the misfortune of living here for the past 9 years, luckily not in Kettering town itself. It’s riddled with crackheads, chavs, grebs, whores, snakes and loads of 13 year olds thinking they’re bad because they stole their mums benefit money.

So where should I start? How about Kettering town centre, where everyone flocks to McDonald’s to find out the most recent arguments and disagreements or so called ‘beef’ by the locals. Don’t ask why they call it beef, they’re all just f*****g retarded. Alright, you walk into the McDonald’s in the town centre and you’re bombarded with chavs throwing chips and screaming at eachother, the 13 year old girls with their ‘maximise your assets’ bras on filled with tissue stumbling all over the place because they’re steaming from some frosty jacks, you have the 16 year old girls who get into all the nightclubs and think they’re it when really the only reason they get in is because their mum has banged all of the bouncer and given them an STI. You get the stick up girls who think they’re it when really you’ve seen some ‘tasteful’ pictures of them that they’ve been sending around yet they have the nerve to even look down their nose at you. Most of these girls mums are gold diggers anyway and they just move from man to man taking money to fund their useless little lives.

Walking through the town centre you get all of the ‘mandem’ on their bikes with their AirMax on and their full track suits with the matching man bags, you get the scrawny 16 year olds going upto anyone who looks old enough to get served asking for fags and as usual a big group of drug dealers stinking of weed, trying to hide the 1 joint they’re sharing between 10 of them. Even the adults are disgusting so much as look someone in the eye and you will get spat on. Very much like a traumatised dog, don’t look it in the eye or it will attack you.

The nightlife in Kettering is simply terrible, it’s full of 16 year old girls jumping on every dick they can passing around their STI’s, they get it from their mothers obviously. You get the strange old men looking at you from the corner rubbing their trousers as you stand looking disgusted at them. Also the chavvy boys who will shag anything with a pulse, sometimes they get so drunk they’re grinding with someone’s mum, and the 16 year old daughter is going crazy because her mum is grinding on her ex boyfriend.. Yes this actually happened and I witnessed it.
Just don’t bother coming here, it’s terrible, all the people here need to get off their lazy arses get a job and sort their lives out. Kettering is a place where you will get scrutinised for even breathing, don’t even waste your time, I wouldn’t.

• Mrs franca tempest

I was born in Kettering moved away wen I was 16 yrs old I still have family wat live there I don’t believe all this crap wat u have sed about it

• Jennifer Lilley

You could always just phuck off ! Or can you not get out from under Mummy and Daddys roof yet?

• Usman

I read this article just to get an idea about Kettering because I am about to move there. Even without having lived in Kettering, I can see that the writer is passing pointless judgments about people of Kettering. I mean, what business does an honest writer have to give lewd comments on parents of the ones he or she encountered? Very immature piece of writing and an anonymous one at that. Reading the comments has given me reassurance. Thanks guys.

• Tom W

A quiet, safe place to live. Mostly full of families, hardworking tradespeople and London commuters. I moved from a truly rough area in London, and Kettering is an absolute breeze. Any kid that thinks it’s rough around here because someone is wearing a tracksuit would probably die of fright in any surrounding city. If anything, Kettering is too quiet. And the turbines aren’t all that great for the local villages. But overall, I think this is probably one of the best, safest, quietest and most reasonable places to live in the UK. When the East Midlands line is electrified, Kettering will most likely be the most desirable place for commuters looking for a place in the midlands.

• Iain Anderson

It is not what you see that bothers but the view you take of it, open your eyes, Kettering is full of beautiful vibrant and caring people, I know, I call them family and friends

• Iain Anderson

It is not what we see that bothers us but the view we take of it, open your eyes, Kettering is full of beautiful caring and vibrant people, I know I call them family and friends

• Barry Lendrum

Whoever wrote that sounds like a teenage chav themselves. Nothing wrong with Kettering and I’ve lived here for 13 years. I haven’t witnessed any of these things. It’s one of the safest towns I’ve lived in and is a nice place to live, it’s hardly a slum. I’ve lived up and down the country from London to Essex to Carlisle and Birmingham and know far worse places to live, where I’ve had to look over my shoulder and been ganged up on. I don’t have that problem here. The only people that bug me are the canvassers in the town centre.

• Travis Clayton

Also, what do you mean you HAD to live here for 9 years. Were you held prisoner? Kidnapped? Maybe you need to choose the company you keep more wisely. There are a lot of hard working, honest, decent people from Kettering. But I suppose the way you spout anger and venom your not great exactly fun to be around so take it on Kettering and everyone in it. The way this is written and the content within it, I can only assume your about 18 yourself with no idea how lucky you are to actually be from Kettering. Cause it could be a lot worse and a lot of people would rather trade places.

• Helen Phillips

This says more about the writer than it does about Kettering. I have never been spat at or seen old men rubbing their trousers. Don’t come here if you don’t like it.

• Travis

Completely biased one sided piece of s**t. Poorly written by some coward behind a keyboard with a chip on their shoulder – probably landed their outside Mcdonalds by one of the fri wielding chavs written about in this post. You have only targeted a small percentage of Kettering and tarred everyone with the same brush. Find something productive to do for your town or surrounding areas than venting of this crap.

• David Booth

Wrote by someone who doesn’t live in Kettering.

• #longlivethebay

This place should be ISIS’s next target.
    F**king hate the c*nting kids here and everywhere.
    F**king bad man ting.
    Yeah you will be on a badman ting when i rupture your f**king asshole open with a machete.

• Fredrick Buddah Daulby

Nice way to s**t on a town you don’t actually live in kid… So where abouts are you from? Considering you hidden behind an anonymous post you must live near by.