Written by Anonymous Visitor and posted in East Anglia, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
After living in Dunstable for the first 11 years of my life, and going to primary school in Luton, I didn’t think it could get much worse. I could not of been more wrong. My parents decided the best place for me was J.F.K in Hemel Hempstead a.k.a ” emel emstead” And if I were going on the first 2 years I would have to agree with them. I never felt the need to stray into Hemel to go shopping in the oh so lovey marlowes, or risk life and limb braving the chavs at the notorious Jarman Park. And although Dunstable town centre leaves a lot to be desired, i never got in any bother there, nor on my many trips to the Galxy in Luton, even though i was mocked at J.F.K for ” coming from the s******e”.
But in Year 9, when i was 13/14, some new friends from Hemel persuaded me to accompany them to a Under-18’s night at Ignite( a skanky nightclub in Leisure World). Being young and naive i agreed. As i stepped out of the car i regretted my decision. Queing outside the club on one side were close to a hundred girls, most in cheap looking pink and white ra-ra skirts and barely there tops, all of them freezing in the December chill. On the right were gangs of chav boys, some who looked barely 10, probably on there initiation night out, ready to start mass brawls. The others looked far to old to be at an Under-18s night, simply looking for an easy pull.
So we entered, and i must admit for the first hour i thoroughly enjoyed myself, after i had gotten used to the arse-grabbing and wolf whistles.
But then a girl approached me, chubby, greasy, over-straightened hair, lipgloss poking out of her bra. I recognised her as a girl who had left my school in year 7, and actually went to smile at her. Then i noticed the 15 or so other chav girls or boys standing behind her. She pushed into me . ” Wha ave you been sayin bou me ” she screeched, and me being completely taken by surprise, laughed and told her that of course i had said nothing about her. She then went on to call me a dosser( i was so shocked by this i nearly made the mistake of telling her it was her own mother who was the ” dosser” as she was the one living off benefits, but luckily i came 2 my senses) and then started kicking my friend and making threats ” Im gonna kill ya outside aftawards, jus wait ” All the while her friends (safely standing behind her) made feeble attempts to slap me.
Luckily i didn’t get my head kicked in by this merry band of chavs and chavettes, as a another friend grabbed me out of there just in time and i made a speedy retreat home.
But i have learnt my lesson, and never again will i venture into the chav hell hole that is Jarman Park.

Top 10 worst places to live in England 2018