Written by Anonymous Visitor and posted in Oxfordshire, South East, United Kingdom
Bicester is a historic market centre in Oxfordshire, beautiful and interesting as it may seem, there are some hidden truths behind it that are not mentioned in your average newspaper or brochure.
A problem that has plagued Bicester for as long as I can remember are the chavs, the burberry-wearing trouble makers that normally habitate in council houses with half a dozen other siblings. These chavs often linger around chip shops or co-ops in groups of 5-10, yelling or jeering at passers by.
I have been going to school with many of these chavs for nearly 5 years and for all you chav fearing people, I can only suggest not going to places such as sheep street. Sheep street is a brilliant place to go if you want a reasonably priced shopping spree. But chavs are waiting at every corner and alley, many people come to sheep street only to buy a few essentials and have to dread walking through a big crowd of chavs. They enjoy cycling near somerfield or near the methodist church, I am ashamed to say that these crimes against nature attend my school and I apologize for any inconveniences they cause you.
Another “no-go” zone is Bure Park, a fairly large suburb with 3 big mistakes :
1. the co-op
2. the chip shop
3. council houses
It is obvious that whoever thought of putting these things all in the same place had no clue that chavs would make it their headquarters. I rarely go there and the reason for that being the fear of getting the same torment I do at school. Again, many of the chavs who “hang” there attend my school and seeing people they take a dislike to is like a sick twisted sport for them.
You may also think Garth park is a nice place to take your dog for a walk or to sit on a public bench in. But I advise you stay well away from it, having been dragged through the pathway leading through Garth and out next to the courtyard, the only description for it would be a walk to hell and back. I knew as soon as I entered the big metal gates that the chavs would be conquering the skate ramps, but proceeded to walk despite a few of the chavs I knew calling me appaullingly bad names merely because of the way I dressed. I would’ve made a few comments about their cheap “golden” jewellery and baggy trousers myself but figured I was about to argue with the lowest form of intelligence, I advise you only ignore the comments you get or suffer the humiliation of dressing like one of them.
Finally, there is bassette avenue, another chip shop/co-op combination.
This crummy avenue is directly opposite Cooper Secondary school, the school I attend. It also features a pub where the older chavs would go for a pint or two….or three? In fact, the co-op has banned cooper school students from visiting because of the shop-lifters, I immediately thought : the chavs. I have seen them standing in their groups eating chips out of cones and can advise that if you want to rent a movie from blockbusters, do not go to Bassette avenue.
Conclusively, I hope that you have learnt the truth about Bicester and will take extra care when going to these various areas. There are a few more areas I have not mentioned but will suggest you also look out for, these are : Pingle field, Murdock road, Buckingham road and Churchill road.
So enter Bicester at your own risk and look out for the chavs.

Top 10 worst places to live in England 2018