Living in Westgate-on-sea, Kent
Written by Anonymous Visitor and posted in Kent, South East, United Kingdom

Margate is a nasty little s******e on the tip of Kent, like a fat spot on England’s arse. As if Margate is not bad enough, it’s connected to loads of surrounding towns that are just as bad. So imagine a city the size of Birmingham with nothing except council estates, a theme park (dreamland) and a few polluted beaches. Westgate is one of Margate City’s suburbs…

Westgate used to be a nice quiet little town that people retired to from London, but its recently been invaded by chavs, yes, recently. When a skate park was built to the delight of local goths and skaters, an army of 16 year old wannabe gangsters turned up and tried to burn it down (they would have succeeded if they knew more about pyrotechnics than spraying lynx on it). Bear in mind this is only a small suburb, but now every corner has little chav kids (5-16 yrs old) hanging about asking you to buy them fags or for a fight. The goths kids i used to talk to, have started wearing caps and gold since i went to uni, even the old retired folk are getting lairy.

The weird thing is, where do the chavs my age (21) get the cash to kit up their cars, and there are nice cars about, in an area where the average wage is about £10,000 (no s**t!). Margate is a weird little town, in a weird little area called Thanet (planet fanet to the locals). The chavs have codes like wearing their hats at different angles to show how hard they are, or if they’re Ramsgate crew, or Margate boys etc. It’s funny as anything until they start on you as they want ‘practice’. I ain’t saying anything about that, because for some reason kids mutate if they choose to be chavs and they’re all bigger but younger than me.

Margate is 10 years behind everywhere else and adult chavs are only now popping up. People have dodge viper stripes on Corsa’s, so visit Margate like a museum to see how chavism started. Westgate on sea is more of a zoo, where you can laugh at the little bastards while they stroll about scratching their arses and eating off the floor. Don’t let them climb on your car though, they’ll have the wipers.

• Pingback: cnwy54wy54wy54wy5435te4c5t34()

• sue

I recently moved here and Westgate is fabulous. The person who wrote this article must be on drugs some place in London I wouldn’t mind betting 🙂

• jmmjackson

I live in Westbrook which is next to Westgate and I think the person who wrote the article needs to get himself assessed because there is obviously something wrong with him. Dreamland is now up and running. There is nothing to stop him moving unless he is one of these lazy people who can’t afford it as he is on the dole and doesn’t mind taking free money. GET A LIFE!!!!

• Carole Heath

My sister lives in Herne Bay. We went to Margate on the train with my husband last year. The first view we had of Margate is the run down flats near the station. We continued down towards the shopping centre. I could not believe the empty shops and run down properties that there where along the route. I remember Margate in the 1960’s when many holiday makers went there. The Turner centre is a nice art gallery and very interesting perhaps that may help draw the day visitors back. I have been to a few seaside resorts in the last few years and others in the north of England have sadly now gone the same way. Previous recessions have not helped the situation. Lets hope that the local council will do something to help the situation it is very sad to see a once lovely seaside resort become so run down in places.