Living in Bognor Regis
Written by Anonymous Visitor and posted in South East, West Sussex

So, I’ve lived here for over 10 years now and I have to say that Bognor is the shitest backwater slop-house that you could ever hope to not live in. It’s unofficial name, ‘The Cancer of the South Coast’, is truly deserved.

The ‘people’ here (for want of a better word) act like the world owes them a living and they behave as though they’re in the east end of London, instead of realising that they’re living in the rectum of the arse-end of the south coast.

Some may say that the recent ‘regeneration’ is proof that the town is on it’s uppers. But, in reality, all that’s happened is that the local hucksters that call themselves the council have taken up some of the old pavements and replaced them with vomit coloured tarmac that is now lovingly referred to as ‘The Yellow Sick Road’.

• Nix

I have to agree with you there. Lived here 25 years now, and boy has it gone down hill. The council regenerated littlehampton nicely. What did bognir get.. a sand pit on the beach?!? Oh and that paving shambles that took how long to put down in the town centre?! Unbelievable….I feel like a foreigner living here. Oh yes good for the eastern europeans coming here to find a better life. But the amount of them we have here in this town has depleted the resources for us all. More people need more schools/doctors. Meanwhile the town council don’t give a monkeys about us, their just lining their own pockets.

I’m moving from this crap hole soon, is depressing and expensive to live. Council tax is an absolute joke for what I’m experiencing here quite frankly.

Gonna go further up country and find a new place to call home…coz right now this is hell!